Athens – Santorini – Athens
Location: Mykonos Island, Aegean Sea, Greece
Introduction to Athens
Treat yourself to a trip to Athens. With direct flights from the most of European capitals, find the sun of Attica (it’s sunny 300 days in Athens) and travel to the source of Western civilization with the famous ruins of the ancient Athenian world (where you can admire the Acropolis the Parthenon, the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion, the Odeon of Herod and the theater of Dionysos). Visiting Athens is also a discovery of a modern city and its recent history. You can admire, among others, the University of Athens, the National Library, the old parliament, the Cathedral, the Parliament and the famous Changing of the Guard. Athens is a city where you can get a taste of all the seasons, the good life. Take your time enjoying a coffee sitting on a terrace, mingle with the bustling and field with crowd shopping streets, choose picturesque neighborhoods of Monastiraki and Plaka for a walk and enjoy the Mediterranean cuisine throughout your stay in the countless restaurants of the city. And if you enjoy nightlife, Athens will not disappoint.
Introduction to Santorini
Santorini is the jewel in the crown of all the Greek Islands, and undisputedly one of the most beautiful spots in the world. It is always coming up on lists of places one must visit, and it never disappoints. It’s amazing scenery brings thousands to its shores every year, so powerful is the draw of this ancient volcano that sits at the bottom of the Cyclades Islands. It is said that the sunsets in Santorini rank among the ten best in the world. Sow it comes as no surprise that Santorini is a major tourist attraction among the numerous islands that comprise Greece.
From the Caldera, breathtaking views of the volcano & neighboring islands. From east, miles of dark sandy or pebbled beaches. Everywhere one sees small domed churches and remnants of days gone by. Santorini is the most extraordinary island in the Aegean. You sail into a strange, enclosed sea shut off by the Burnt Islands (PALIA KAMENI & NEA KAMENI).
The volcanic cliffs of Santorini are red, brown or greenish, surounted by a string of white villages. Jutting out from the deep blue sea, its volcanic sheer cliffs topped with gleaming white village homes and churches, resembling snowcapped mountains. The thunderous fury of nature left its mark on the island, the home of Greece’s last active volcano that still smolders today. Layer upon layer of red volcanic rock interspersed with white buildings and specks of greenery form a visual demonstration found nowhere else.
The entire center of the circular island sank into the sea during the tremendous volcanic explosion of 3.500 years ago. The eruption caused tidal waves, which virtually wiped out the advanced Minoan civilization of Crete, 70 miles to the south.
What remains today of Santorini is a large crescent shaped island enclosing a west bay, the largest Caldera on earth (7×14) miles. Santorini which covers 132 square kilometers and is located 127 nautical miles from the port in Piraeus, has 13 villages. The island has a big airport along with a large commercial port.
Program: Athens – Santorini – Athens / 6 nights – 7 days
01First day Athens
- Transfer to your hotel in Athens will take place upon you arrival at Athens Airport, where you will be met by one of our representatives bearing a sign with your name upon it.
- Accommodation overnight in Athens.
02Second day Athens
- Enjoy a day of leisure in the historic city of Athens or take advantage of one of our easy city tours which will include, of course, a visit to the Acropolis.
- Stay overnight in Athens.
03Third day Athens
- Free day in Athens.
- Overnight stay in Athens.
04Fourth day Santorini
- Transfer service from your Athens hotel to Piraeus port for embarkation upon a morning ferry for Santorini. Arriving at Santorini port, you will be transferred to your hotel with the rest of the day yours to begin exploring all that this magnificent island has to offer to the visitor. You may want to take an advantage of one of our afternoon optional excursions or alternatively car hire can also be arranged through us if you desire too venture further afield on your own.
- Accommodation overnight in Santorini.
05Fifth day Santorini
- Having had some time to get acquainted with the gorgeous beaches and pleasantly surprising twists and turns of Fira immensely picturesque streets, we suggest you don’t miss the opportunity to partake in anoptional excursion to the Volcano and the hot springs. Participating in the tour you will arrive back in Fira around 15:30 with plenty of time to enjoy the rest of your day at a more leisurely pace.
06Sixth day Santorini
- Day of leisure – Overnight in Santorini.
07Seventh day Athens
- After having your breakfast at your hotel, transfer to port for embarkation upon a ferry for Athens. On arrival at Piraeus port you will be transferred to Athens international Airport for your reparture flight.
- End of services.
– See more at: http://dimera.gr/en/fly-drive/from-athens/6-nights-7-days/athens-santorini-athens.html#sthash.e68lrvn8.dpuf